The Top 50 Tweeples to Follow – 2009 Edition
- 224 Comment
Tweeple: Those who use Twitter.
In September/October 2008 I launched the first edition of the Top 50 Tweeples to Follow. It was an opportunity to find interesting people with intriguing content from a variety of backgrounds. The Top 50 list is determined by you and your networks. The original concept was to help new Twitter users find interesting people to connect with. Think of it as the “people’s” quick, getting started guide. This is also not meant to be a Twitter celebrity guide (although they can be nominated). It is geared towards those who use Twitter in a professional manner (i.e. to grow their connections or gain visibility).
Think about the list like this: If someone just joined Twitter and wanted a well-rounded experience AND could only follow 50 people, what would that list look like?
The is not meant to be a “vote for me” contest, but a chance for others to selflessly promote their Twitter favorites.
HOW TO NOMINATE: There are THREE TWO ways to nominate someone:
1. TWEET the following: I nominate <insert their twitter ID> (i.e. @twitterID) as a #Top50Tweep in <insert expertise*> http://bit.ly/41Ezxs (You must submit in this format in order for your nomination to count.)
2. Leave a comment on this post in this format: First Name, Last Name, @TwitterID, Expertise* Once you nominate someone, tweet the following: “I just nominated @theirtwitterID as a #Top50Tweep.” (This tweet does not count as a second nomination.)
3. Use the PollDaddy Twitter Poll and select “other” to submit. Submit as: First Name, Last Name, @TwitterID, Expertise* Once you nominate someone, tweet the following: “I just nominated @theirtwitterID as a #Top50Tweep http://bit.ly/41Ezxs”
UPDATE: The PollDaddy “Other” results are not visible, so I will not be using this. The poll was live for approximately 10 minutes and no one had submitted. I did a “test” vote to verify this.
Nominations begin: Immediately
Time frame: Now through August 18 at 12 noon CST
The Top 50 Tweeples to Follow of 2009 nominees will be announced later in August! Stay tuned.
The Rules (you know there had to be a few):
- Nominate as many people, as many times as you’d like.
- Nominations which don’t follow the submission guidelines (above) will not be counted.
- Provide a separate entry for each person you would like to nominate. If you list someone in more than one expertise in a single nomination, that counts as ONE nomination.
- You can nominate yourself (although that’s not the point).
- I cannot be nominated (just in case you were thinking about it).
- Remember, this is for fun.
- Medical/Health care
- New media/Blog
- Traditional News/Media
- Up and Coming
*The expertise options are to clarify what these people “talk” about and to connect them with other people who are interested in the same topics. If there is a category missing, feel free to add to your nomination.