#journchat for Monday, August 24, 2009
- 5 Comment
We’re approaching the tenth month of #journchat (our first chat was November 24, 2008). Tonight’s chat was going strong with 300 active participants and LOTS of discussion.
You can view the entire transcript from tonight’s chat, here. (If you are unable to open the link, go to http://wthashtag.com/journchat and select “view transcript.”)
Didn’t get a chance to participate? Feel free to respond to any of the questions in this post.
- Q1 What are your thoughts on “the secret alliance of bloggers?” Common sense? Not needed? Don’t get it? http://cli.gs/4RYdm #journchat
- Q2 How do you recognize best practices in your industry? If you don’t, do you think you should? If yes, where are they housed?
- Q3 Per @JuliaEveHays What’s it mean when the trending topics drift from news, like #iranelection, to games, memes & entertnmnt?
- Q4 Per @JeremyMeyers Is there a tipping pt w/r/t companies wanting to comm directly w/ customers or will it always b a struggle?
- Q5 PER @rachelakay What are your thoughts RE: moderation on blogs? Should bloggers moderate comments? Yes? No? Why?
- Q6 PER @JeremyMeyers What’s the one thing *not specifically social media- related* you wish your industry would learn?
- Q7 PER @RochelleVeturis How are traditional media events sharing the space/spotlight w/ NEW media? Are they equally as important?
- Q8 PER @JeremyMeyers What does ‘influence’ mean in 2009? What makes someone an ‘influencer’?
- Q9 PER @merylkevans What do you believe is the BIGGEST difference in how B2Bs use social media compared to B2Cs?
Have a question you would like to submit for next week’s #journchat? Send via email to prsarahevans at gmail dot com and don’t forget to include your Twitter ID.
Haven’t participated in #journchat yet? It’s an online chat via Twitter every Monday night from 8-10 p.m. EST between public relations professionals, journalists and bloggers. See you next week.