What’s your social network routine?
- 30 Comment
The majority of businesses I work with want to know how they should spend their time via social networks. They get past the basic “how to” tutorial sessions and want to build in some semblence of a daily routine. While situations can arise outside the planned activities, I provide them a starter guide. The guide is not meant as a stringent routine and, in fact, typically evolves over time. Each client eventually builds their own routine…this is a little something to get the hang of time management in social networks. I’m sharing here for the purpose of developing and honing this into something we can ALL use. While it doesn’t dive into strategy, the proposed routine does provides a focus on specific tactics.
I’m going to get you started with a few ideas for Twitter and Facebook. What advice do you have for other social networks?
Based on the feedback, in two weeks I’ll create a “Social Network Routine” document to share. You are welcome to integrate into your collateral and supplemental information and share with clients. Enjoy!
- Review follower list and identify people to follow back (one time, daily)
- Review lists you’ve been added to, decide whether or not to follow (one time, daily)
- Respond to those you mentioned or replied to you (two to three times, daily)
- Check and respond to direct messages (DM) (two times, daily)
- Read “home” stream and identify people to retweet (RT) and/or respond (two times daily)
- Identify new people to follow (two to three times weekly)
NOTE: For those tactics which are listed as two times, it works best if there is time dedicated in both the morning and late afternoon.
- Review friend requests (one time, daily)
- Review invitations for events, fan pages and applications you’ve received (one time, daily)
- Respond to posts, mentions or to those who write on your wall (two to three times, daily)
- Check private messages and respond when appropriate (one time, daily)
- Read “news” page and identify posts to “like” or comment on (two to four times, daily)
- Identify new people to friend or to suggest your fan page/group/event
(two to three times, weekly)