Jul 1 2010
My reflections on professional and life lessons re-learned
- 21 Comment
My reflections from the past two weeks on lessons I learned (or re-learned) during a very hectic (and rewarding) work schedule. Here they are in all their tweet-ready glory:
- Those who work the hardest (and the longest) end up with more opportunities.
- Always under promise and over deliver.
- A good team makes all the difference.
- If you wait until things are perfect, you’ll never get anything done.
- You can’t forget to take care of yourself. (I need to remind myself of this OFTEN.)
- Priorities REALLY matter. You can’t always get everything done, but you better get the right things done.
- We all make mistakes. It’s what we learn and how we change after that can redeem us.
- Business titles shouldn’t determine who receives your respect. You may end up reporting to those people someday.
- When you know your values, it’s easy(ier) to make big decisions. (Former mentor did great exercise to help me w/ this.)
- You don’t become irrelevant if you go off-grid for 48 hours or more.
- Recognize those who do an amazing job. There are many professionals who go above and beyond b/c they love their jobs.
- Sometimes it truly is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
- Fun ways to reward and recognize your team via social media can really pay off. A team who tweets together, stays together???